- Do you think of poetry as being useful?
- Yes, it has been to me.
- Tell me some of the ways it has been useful to you personally.
- It makes me feel that being human is a good thing. Being human, and even just being the way I am, I'm not completely alone.
- So a use of poetry is to feel connected to other people?
- To feel human. And to feel that being human is...an okay thing.
- It makes you feel that being human is an okay thing because it allows a connection between you and others?
- I guess. I guess it makes me feel like we're all okay somehow. [starts to cry]
- How does poetry cause that feeling?
- I don't know.